Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Saved by my sling!

When Erin was a baby it was fairly easy. I only had her to worry about. I could sit around and be with her, and yes, I had to do housework and cooking but it wasn't that pressing since if Steven was there he'd do it and if he wasn't I'd eat/clean when she was asleep. I made a sling with Erin was not absolutely ideal and she didn't like it much, I didn't persevere as I could just hold her instead.

But this time around it's all different...I have a toddler to keep an eye on, play with, feed, etc and I honestly don't know how mums cope without a sling. Ayla absolutely LOVES the sling and prefers going to sleep in it to going in her pram or our bed. She can hear my heartbeat, feel the warmth of my body and smell me. I can have her close, know that she's safe, feel her snug warmness, kiss her head and get on with daily life with Erin.

It's also much easier than trying to get a pram in and out of shops if you're in town, nevermind being so much nicer for both of you. Teach your partner and friends to use it too! Ayla has been carried around in our sling by 6 people so far...it's one sure fire way of chilling her out and it's a lovely thing to share with close friends & family too!

I had someone in the shop scowl at me and ask me if she thought babies were REALLY comfortable in "those things". I pointed out that I didn't think my baby would be sleeping soundly if she was uncomfortable. Getting shopping done without crying is such a bonus...

Do yourself a favour if you are a mama-to-be and get yourself one!! The one I use is called a Close baby carrier and is made from soft organic cotton. It is similar to a wrap sling except it is easier to use as you don't have to remember special ties etc. I bought it second hand (but it looked new!) by joining the UK Babywearing swap group which also has lots of information on the different slings.

For natural pregnancy products see Natures Mother


1 Comments:

At March 01, 2012 8:03 am, Blogger Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Maintain assortment of Dough Morrisons Kerri Mack handbags at Angel Handbags Px90.com. For gals which are bored of carrying mens laptop bags, implementing Kerri Mack bags has to be a nice adjust Beats by Dre Earphones. They are really constructed from leather, nylon, PVC, along with large-top quality products. Chic and chic, these Kerri Mack tas chanel bags are unquestionably a symbol of design Beats by Dre Headphones. In our opinion, the Kerri Mack tote bags search skilled at workplaces and so are equally fantastic at parties.
We counsel you to check out the vivid and hip Kerri Mack Andrea bag in faux-patent complete Beats by Dre. With spacious interiors and a magnetic high closure, the Kerri Mack Andrea bag is a ideal carry-all. Gold hardware particulars, belt loop closures, and substantial front pockets are a few get noticed capabilities in this bag. The Kerri Mack Bridgette Bag could be the fantastic womens laptop bag. This bag contains a cool fake crocodile design. With leather handles and wrist strap, this bag are usually carried by any means you'd like P90x Reviews. From perform to the dinner date, you could carry this Kerri Mack bag where you go. P90x Workout

 

Post a Comment

<< Home