Sunday, June 13, 2010

Come on out, baby!

Today is baby's official due date! I was expecting her to come a little early as Erin was born on her due date, and normally the second comes sooner, but apparently baby Beanie has not read the books! I wouldn't say I'm fed up of being pregnant, because I'm not that huge and not terribly uncomfortable, but I would like to meet my little girl soon! I've been having mild contractions off and on over the past few days, but that must all be practice ones. At least I know something is happening, my body is doing all the right things. Slightly more twinges than normal today...we shall see, I don't want to get too excited! Babies generally come when they're ripe and ready, although sometimes they don't and need a little help!

There are a few tricks I can try to help things move on...

  1. Walking - I went for a long walk on Friday, and yesterday did plenty of walking and exercise too. This morning Erin and I took the goats out, went to check for alpaca babies in the far field, swept & vacuumed the house (well, a bit of it anyway), and watered the poly-tunnels. This was taken during our long walk on Friday.On a long walk!
  2. Sex - as mentioned in a previous post - this worked with Erin...my waters broke minutes after sex with her. (not worked so far this time!) Semen contains prostaglandin which causes contractions. Sex also causes the release of the "love drug" oxytocin, which causes contractions.
  3. Yoga - there are a few yoga postures that are good, specifically squatting and rotating your hips. This helps get baby's head down there, and hopefully triggers things off...I'm squatting as I type!
  4. Driving on bumpy roads - I drove the tractor over bumpy lanes and fields yesterday to go collect some wood. Perhaps I should do that again this afternoon.
  5. Spicy food - or anything that gets your bowel moving, it'll often get contractions going apparently. I'm not sure I want to try that one as I'm going to hopefully be giving birth in a pool, and am not sure I want to risk it...if you get my drift?! Castor oil is another one that is meant to be successful but can make you feel nauseas for your entire labour...no thanks...unless I'm desperate.
  6. Herbs - black or blue Cohosh. I have neither, but may try to get my hands on some if I start going way overdue. I've heard of things happening REALLY fast with these, but you have to be careful and should only use them under the direction of a herbalist, as they are powerful plants.
  7. Homeopathy - Caullophyllum: I've heard of women delivering REALLY fast after taking this and then it doing nothing for others. I have it in my Homeopathic birthing kit...I shall save it for when I'm desperate! You should really consult a Homeopath before using this...
  8. Reflexology - The reflexology points on your feet which relate to your uterus and ovaries are said to help trigger labour. This is best done by a Reflexologist, but you only need to do a google search to find out where these points are. So it's worth demanding a thorough foot rub from your other half if you go overdue, focusing on those points....
  9. Essential oils - Clary Sage! You can mix a few drops with a carrier oil (olive oil from the kitchen will do) and rub it on your belly, or burn it in an oil burner, or alternatively put it on a tissue on a radiator. Why not get your other half to massage you all over with it if you're way overdue. I only have to sniff it to get a contraction. I did add a couple of drops to my stretch mark oil this morning and rubbed it all over my belly. I am probably being a bit too impatient.
  10. Relaxation, Hypnosis or guided imagery - these help many woman...I have yet to trial them myself, although I do relaxation and visualizations a bit when I do yoga. I also have been talking to baby Beanie and hoping that she feels safe enough to come into this big, wide and completely different world.

1 Comments:

At March 01, 2012 8:03 am, Blogger Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Maintain assortment of Dough Morrisons Kerri Mack handbags at Angel Px90 Handbags.com. For gals which are bored of carrying mens laptop bags, implementing Kerri Mack bags has to be a nice adjust. They are really constructed from leather, nylon, PVC, along with large-top quality products Beats by Dre Headphones. Chic and chic, these Kerri Mack tas chanel bags are unquestionably a symbol of design. In our opinion, the Kerri Mack tote bags search skilled at workplaces and so are equally fantastic at parties.
We counsel you to check out the vivid and hip Kerri Mack Andrea bag in faux-patent complete. With spacious interiors and a magnetic high closure, the Kerri Mack Andrea bag is a ideal carry-all Beats by Dre Earphones. Gold hardware particulars, belt loop closures, and substantial front pockets are a few get noticed capabilities in this bag Beats by Dre. The Kerri Mack Bridgette Bag could be the fantastic womens laptop bag. This bag contains a cool fake crocodile design P90x Reviews. With leather handles and wrist strap, this bag are usually carried by any means you'd like. From perform to the dinner date, you could carry this Kerri Mack bag where you go P90x Workout.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home