Monday, May 31, 2010

13 days to go...

Feeling really tired today. I tossed and turned with an achey back in the night, and was worrying about our cat who we hadn't seen for over a day (she's back this morning!). The sun has come out though and I am determined to go get some...it always helps to recharge my batteries. Just had a little snooze with Erin too. I think I'll have another swig of go-go juice too, as possibly I just have low iron today, as tends to happen in pregnancy when your body is producing much more blood.

The good news is...Erin slept through last night for a change! She woke up at about 6.30 very proudly announcing "all night Peppa Pig bed!" Very sweet! She's been a little unsettled lately, I think it's the sense that things are about to change. I feel bad that I won't be able to give her the attention that she gets now, but it will be lovely for her to have a sister in the long run.

Our blessing way yesterday went really well. A blessing way is an alternative to a baby shower, perhaps boring to some, but no silly games or horror stories and more focusing on positivity for the birth and preparing for being parents to a second little one. Normally it is a woman only thing (Mother Blessing), but I feel that the father's journey is as important and also needs to be acknowledged and celebrated, therefore ours was a Mother & Father Blessingway. After all, Steven will be my birthing partner and he is the most fantastic dad and husband.

More people turned up than expected (some had not responded to my invite and brought their children along too), but it was really lovely, if not a little too chaotic for a while. We had snacks, wine and juice out on the table for people to help themselves, and got down to the business of painting my belly mould. Erin even added her touch on my right boob. Here's the almost-finished product...still to be varnished, trimmed and ribbon threaded through the top so I can hang it. Isn't it wonderful?? Very farmy and appropriate to the time of year too, I think. Steven did the yin-yang, which represents masculine and feminine, dark and light, pisces (the fish - steven's star sign) and gemini - the twins(baby's star sign...unless she's way overdue, which she won't be!). The writing on the yin yang was me...it says "we can't wait to meet you, to hold you, to love you and keep you in our hearts forever. May your journey be gentle" I also did a chinese symbol for tiger, as it is the year of the golden tiger. We have a lotus at my heart, a dragonfly which we've recently spotted at the pond, lots of beautiful buds and flowers, sunshine, the symbol of creativity and the tree of life.

We also did hand-binding ritual with some hemp string. We sat in a circle and passed the ball of string around, wrapping it around our left hands. Once it had gone all the way around the circle (uniting us, and giving us a moment for thoughts for the birth and new baby) we passed scissors around and cut between each person, which we then tied into bracelets. We will keep these on until the baby is born.

Steven and I also gave out candles to be lit when I go into labour and blown out once the baby has been born.

This morning we also did a trial run of setting up the birthing pool...it was all very quick and easy. It's just the filling it that may prove a bit of a task. You attach a hose to the tap of course, but we will need to keep the Rayburn stoked to keep the water hot. Let's hope my labour is this relaxing! The top ring is not fully inflated as it needs to be filled with water first. It'll make a great swimming pool for Erin afterwards too! Birth pool in a box

I've had one cup of raspberry leaf tea in today...and need to have 3 more! I love the stuff, even if I do have to put honey in to disguise the herbiness a bit. I think it's doing it's job as I quite often get braxton hicks contractions, all good. Tone those uterine muscles baby!

Which reminds me...perineum massage is next on my to do list!! I certainly want to avoid tearing if I can!

I've also set Steven the task of brushing up on his massage and breathing skills to help me in labour, so tonight we'll be studying the Active Birth book again together!

Thank goodness for my natural pregnancy kit! What would I do without it?!

1 Comments:

At March 01, 2012 8:02 am, Blogger Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Maintain assortment of Dough Morrisons Kerri Mack Beats by Dre Earphones handbags at Angel Handbags.com. For gals which are bored of carrying mens laptop bags, implementing Kerri Mack bags has to be a nice adjust. They are really constructed from leather, nylon, PVC, along with large-top quality products. Chic and chic, these Kerri Mack tas chanel bags are unquestionably a symbol of design. In our opinion, the Kerri Mack tote bags search skilled at workplaces and so are equally fantastic at parties P90x Reviews.
We counsel you to check out the vivid and hip Kerri Mack Andrea bag in faux-patent complete. With spacious interiors and a magnetic high closure, the Kerri Mack Andrea bag is a ideal carry-all P90x Workout. Gold hardware particulars, belt loop closures, and substantial front pockets are a few get noticed capabilities in this bag. The Kerri Mack Bridgette Bag could be the fantastic womens laptop bag Beats by Dre Headphones. This bag contains a cool fake crocodile design Px90 Workout. With leather handles and wrist strap, this bag are usually carried by any means you'd like px90 reviews. From perform to the dinner date, you could carry this Kerri Mack bag where you go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home