Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Hooray! Head is engaged!

Just got back from seeing the midwife and baby's head is engaged! While this doesn't mean a lot in a second pregnancy, because the muscles are a lot looser and baby's head can engage and disengage easily, she said it seemed to be in quite firmly...and it does feel like it! I get to meet Beanie soon, I get to meet Beanie soon!!! How exciting?! Steven guessed on the weekend that it would happen today, I'm thinking it will happen at least in the next few days. Tonight when Erin's tucked into bed would be good! I shall keep the updates coming.

My midwife did suggest SEX...much to Stevens delight, as there is a chemical in semen called prostaglandin which can actually cause contractions as well. The oxytocin your body releases during sex also can induce labour. Guess what I'm doing tonight? :-)

I've been doing lots of squatting too which helps baby's head to move down, so it seems that's been paying off. I'm taking Arnica now, doing perineum massage and have the faintest linear nigra now, but still no stretch marks...so feel ready to meet the little lady. Have been doing some serious nesting too...loads of cleaning and tidying, and am feeling nice and chilled and ready! Come on Bean!

Otherwise everything is normal and healthy. Blood pressure on the low side, which is normal for me and much healthier than on the high side. My hematocrit levels are also on the low side (10.8 gm/dl), but I'm not anemic. My lovely midwife said there's nothing to worry about though, but that I should keep taking floradix (which I wasn't taking at the time of the blood test). I think I may break my 5+ months of veganism and have an organic, local steak, because I have been craving one. Just this once! Call me a hypocrite. Steven and I are going out for dinner on our own tonight for the first time in possibly a year and probably last time in a good while!

Check out the Nature's Mother Forum...there's a midwife, breastfeeding adviser, herbalist, homeopath, real nappy expert and much more waiting to answer your questions...and it's all free!


1 Comments:

At March 01, 2012 8:02 am, Blogger Sac Hermes Birkin said...

Maintain assortment of Dough Morrisons Kerri Mack handbags at Angel Px90 Handbags.com. For gals which are bored of carrying mens laptop bags, implementing Kerri Mack bags has to be a nice adjust. They are really constructed from leather, nylon, PVC, along with large-top quality products Beats by Dre Headphones. Chic and chic, these Kerri Mack tas chanel bags are unquestionably a symbol of design. In our opinion, the Kerri Mack tote bags search skilled at workplaces and so are equally fantastic at parties.
We counsel you to check out the vivid and hip Kerri Mack Andrea bag in faux-patent complete. With spacious interiors and a magnetic high closure, the Kerri Mack Andrea bag is a ideal carry-all Beats by Dre Earphones. Gold hardware particulars, belt loop closures, and substantial front pockets are a few get noticed capabilities in this bag Beats by Dre. The Kerri Mack Bridgette Bag could be the fantastic womens laptop bag. This bag contains a cool fake crocodile design P90x Reviews. With leather handles and wrist strap, this bag are usually carried by any means you'd like. From perform to the dinner date, you could carry this Kerri Mack bag where you go P90x Workout.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home