Wednesday, March 29, 2006

YO!

Hello fellow travellers!

Dave once had this inspiring poem folded up in his pocket and I loved it, and blogged it on my previous blog but i think it is time for a repeat before I go on with news and photo's of the weekend! How amazing to be able to think and live like this?

DESIDERATA
By Max Ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

So now for the weekend...I had an awesome night on Friday night with Tatiana and some of her colleagues at 12 Bar in Tottenham Court Road. Her friend and neighbour who was playing acoustic guitar along with a Cello player that evening was absolutely brilliant. It reminded me a lot of Mike's style and brought back some special memories. It was great to catch up with Tati! I have to see her more often! Jo joined us later in the evening and we caught the tube home, singing & skipping all the way to, through and from the stations in true fairy style! Sometimes people look at us as if we're crazy& shake their head in disgust at how we could be so childish and so happy....but most smile and are warm, friendly and chatty which, as many londonners will tell you, is very very rare!

On Saturday Jo & I decided to go to a spring 'festival' at Oxo Towers in Southbank. There was a sculpture of Flora, the Godess of Spring and everyone got to make multi-coloured paper flowers which was to make her dress. Click here for more info since i suck at explaining.

Jo & I, with the not so pretty yet Flora!

Blue & white lights in the trees along the Southbank of the Thames! (photo does no justice)

We met up with Bryony and after sitting in HA!HA! Bar in embankment for a while were we met Jodene's Argentinian friend we headed off to Farringdon. We ended up in quite a posh bar/club, me in jeans & soaking wet boots!!! I don't want to do that again! I don't specially like posh places but if I'm going to go to them I must be dressed for them I reckon..maybe it's just my ego but i just felt so unattractive...but then i was having an shitty ugly day too. Oh POOR ME...he he he! On the way home we debated with a dude on the bus and convinced him the the clocks went back and not forward. I cannot figure out this daylight savings thing, confuses the crap outta me. I started making sense of it by going " but if the sun rises earlier..." and then Jo interupted me with her own theory and I believed her!! Anyway we found out on sunday that our clocks were 2 hours behind...

London at dusk on a rainy spring day. Giant dildo...errr oops..i mean Gherkin on the right, could it be St Pauls on the left?

I didn't get to going to Bryony's on Sunday to plan our trip...my bad, I was too lazy! It was the first time in so long that Jo & I just chilled at home. Johnny, my housemate, put up a shelf in our room which we painted 'plum' which is more like pink and doesn't look too bad with my maroon and yellow bedding! We now have space to both stand next to my bed at the same time....woohoo!! I adore having my JoJo in my room!! Wouldn't have it any other way!

Well time to get to gym! After not going for about 3 weeks my muscles are aching from Mondays poor attempt at a Cardio workout! Am I a moaner today, or what???

Love to all you weird & wonderful creatures xoxoxo

Can't upload any bl**dy photos today!! Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home