Friday, March 24, 2006

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Well, it's nearly weekend again!! YAAAAAAAY! I left for work green with envy this morning...Jo was still lying all warm and cuddled, sleeping in my bed!! Tomorrow, tomorrow I can sleep in!!!

I stumbled upon some crazy & amazing pics on BBC this morning when I got to work and discovered that i have absolutely no work to do, check them out here. I think you think i'm joking when i say I have no work...but i'm not. Do you know what my day NORMALLY consists of?
1. Getting the coffee machine going
2. Checking the fax machine
3. Photocopying the 'bonds page' of the Financial Times
4. Filing it.
5. Answering a max of 10 phonecalls
6. Opening post (seldom more than 10 items)
7. Entering post on excel spreadsheet
8. Distributing post
Of course sometimes there's excitement, like a bit of typing from the boss, or gossip from the supervisor, or going to buy biscuits for the office, or making coffee for a board meeting, or ordering courier men, or filing, or posting stuff, or putting together a tender document (only happened twice in the year i've been here). Can't believe I've been here for a year!

I've been spoilt with having the internet at work! I am involved in so many different groups & forums(www.peebs.net being my fave..I have so much to say, but sometimes just can't spit it out). I'm even on dating sites, have been for years more for my amusement than anything else(don't laugh too hard....not telling which ones!) & I'm forever looking up pictures & info on all the places i would like to travel to. There's only one or two people that i feel like i should be in contact with but am not, the rest of you i have pretty regular email sessions with. I am thoroughly spoilt...and weirdly it makes me feel trapped because what happens when i travel again, or simply don't have time to keep in contact like i do now? Do I lose friends? Or, worse still do i feel inadequate?? Aah, the beautiful curse of technology!!

So...how can I describe my life at the moment?? Insanely exciting, extremely busy, chaotic, complex and way too much on the go at once. Sadly, at some stage I'm gonna have to let go of bits of my social life and actually get my ass into action. That means less time with you guys, less time blogging, less time emailing, less time on the internet and more time locked up in my little room with my Sociology studies, Spanish CD's & Backpacker Business Plan. For those of you have filled out my backpacker survey, thank you! For those of you who haven't yet...please, I need all the feedback I can get, click HERE.

Did I ever mention that I'm over Tuna sandwiches for lunch and beans & toast with sweet chilli sauce for dinner? My latest craving is Benjies Chicken Ceasar Salad for lunch and dinner, well, a variety. Jo & I normally cook up a massive Veggie Soup, Chicken Stirfry, LIDL vegetarian pizza ( with loads of mozzarella), spaghetti bolognaise or -a lot of the time- toast with peanut butter! Duncan, one of Mike's old mates from PE came over for chicken stirfry last night, and to meet Jo! Twas cool to see him, I reckon we may have to initiate him by taking him to his first trance party ever sometime!

Cat, Jo & I almost have our trip to Prague and Budapest booked for August, we are paying on Monday!! Kitty Cat is like a precious and rare hobbity organised fairy angel...she just whips up an option 1, 2 or 3 and all we have to do it choose which we prefer. So I think we've agreed on this one:

Friday 11th Aug 18:30pm Gatwick to Prague
Monday 14th Aug (am) Prague to Budapest via train
Thurs 17th Aug (am) Budapest to Ozora Festival via bus
Sunday 20th (am) Ozora to Budapest to airport to catch 17:00pm flight
We will have to leave at like 9am from the festival to make sure we have enough time to get to the airport etc

It's all costing under £300 including campsites & hostels! Except Jo & I don't have that pretty Irish passport that Kitty has, which means we have to apply for visa's for both Hungary & Czech... Oh Bozo, remind me, I need you to translate the Instructions on how and where to catch the bus from Budapest to the Ozora Festival....it's all in Hungarian! And you need to teach me more than the 4 hungarian words I know!!!

I'm going to meet up with Tatiana tonight, her friend is playing aucoustic guitar in Tottenham Court Road, and I haven't spent time with her for ages cos she's been in Australia and back home in Brazil. She's one of the most positive and vibey people I know! I'm sure she can give me plenty of travel tips...I'm going to Bryony's on Sunday to start planning our trip. Fuzzy, you still with me?

Ok, better open my 5 letters now and distribute them! Have wonderful weekends!! xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home