Monday, February 27, 2006

My Friend Thomas!!

As most of you know, Thomas normally sends me poetry every monday morning which i post onto my blog. What you don't know is who Thomas is...Thomas is great friend who worked with me in Port Elizabeth a while ago. He is a man of many talents, namely: Tennis, fishing, selling insurance, yoga, partying, braaing(bbq'ing), farming, languages, writing poetry, flirting, breaking hearts, making people laugh, listening, giving good advice...oh, too many to mention. Most of all he is my partner in crime...when everyone in PE drops me, he refrains from yoga practice and takes me out & we drink & laugh & dance at dodgy clubs all night long even when he has a tennis tournament the next day! Hah, thats what i call friendship!! Here's a photo so that every monday you don't look at my blog and ask 'who the f**k is this Thomas guy?"

Thomasina, preparing to bbq!

Here's this mornings poetry:

Good morning all,

After a break, the Monday Morning Poetry is back. Though I cannot claim to be an artist or poet (I fall way short of the benchmark), it is common knowledge that all great artists had their respective muses. I cannot claim to have that facility, but I discovered a muse with a difference yesterday: a shad! Yes, a shad. To give a definition of a shad: it is a predatory fish that, while not physically large, is very energetic. One discovers this when one has hooked one and is trying to land it. Yesterday I had the pleasure of catching one. Crisis I was happy!

I hope you all enjoy the week thoroughly.

I couldn’t find a poem that I thought worth publishing, so chose an extract from Kahlil Gibrain:

O soul, If I did not covet immortality, I would never have learned the song which has been sung through all of time.
Rather, I would have been a suicide, nothing remaining of me except my ashes hidden within the tomb.
O soul! If I had not been baptized with tears and my eyes hand not been mascaraed by ghosts of sickness, I would not have seen life as through a veil, darkly.
O soul! Life is a darkness which ends as in the sunburst of day.
The yearning of my heart tells me there is peace in the grave.
O soul! If some fool tells you the soul perishes like the body and that which dies never returns, tell him the flower perishes but the seed remains and lies before us as the secret of life everlasting.

Tootle pip.
Thomas

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 1:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear womanly ploy, such a small world - your blog came up on guess who's site?? Yup, the one and only Shorrock, yoga teacher extraordinairre ... !! How the heck are ya? and please pass on greetings to wandering fairy boy, Thomas from his erstwhile teacher and thine ... while you're wandering around over that side of the cold atlantic, logon to www.MyPE.co.za and have your say in the expat forum :)

Big hug
Hilton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home