Friday, March 03, 2006

Yay! Yay! It's Friday!!

and I have a FUN weekend up ahead!!

You haven't had much news this week! Last Saturday Jo & I met Jo's friend in Camden and then ended up at a pub in Leicester Square watching Scotland KICK ASS in rugby against England, much to my delight!! Fairy & friends then gathered at Matt & Matt, a fave funky house club in Angel/Islington, for some late night butt shaking! I had a great time and was joined by the Bokster, LT, shellz bellz, nift (all the way from Cov.), Bozo, Mark& of course, jo jo! The night ended in a little drama, which is not peculiar after a night out on the town, Jo fell asleep/passed out in the cab, and i woke her just before we got home. When she awoke i was busy arguing with the cab driver who swore that i had told him i lived in Dudden Hill lane, not Dollis hill lane, when i clearly remember me repeating myself and he still repeated 'Dollis Hill Lane' and said he knew exactly where it was. Thankfully they are 5 minutes apart, but he still charged me an extra £4...bastard!

Anyway, so then Jo left her handbag in the cab. Yip! He drove off, she realised and ran after the cab, to no avail! She promptly panicked since she's just arrived in London and everything important she owns was in this bag, along with my digital camera. Of course being a bit tipsy didn't help us to handle the situation. While jo sobbed, I called the yellow pages to get the numbers of all the cab companies in Angel. None were right. There was a party happening in my house, dj at the decks and all the people and stuff that goes along with a hard house dj. One of my friends who was dancing away in the lounge sugested we call Jo's phone, which I promptly did....and the cab driver answered....woohoo, how lucky? Anyway so we waited up till about 5am and paid him £25 just to bring it back, but at least poor Jo could stop panicking and start coming to terms with her hang over! ha!

We crawled into bed, she's sharing my double bed until she gets sorted, Nift was already sleeping there!!! Spread all nice and comfortably over the bed!!! Since there was a party in the lounge and no couch space, we had no choice but to nudge him over and squeeze in. Needless to say it was a very uncomfortable rest and we were up bright and breezy, dancing around in the lounge where the party was still going from FRIDAY night!! Yip, thats my crazy house!

Jo & I went to yoga on Sunday morning, believe it or not and stretched our aching limbs. I then got a phonecall from Laurie to say that him and Bryony were gonna be in London and he'd like me to meet them at Savoy for a late lunch. Savoy is pretty posh and normally unaffordably expensive, but on weekends they run a 2 course for £18 special. I am truly a hippie at heart though, and the more I try it, the more I realise...fine dining is just not for me. I like my semi-dodgy arty farty little holes, where weird and wonderful people meet & chat, where dress code doesn't matter, food & booze is cheap & i can just be me...call me closed minded! But Savoy was truly a great experience, the food was delicious & beautifully presented, the service outstanding, the atmosphere, well, posh but comfy! If you're into fine dining, Savoy is the place to go! It was really really great to see Laurie, his gf & Bryony again!

Bryony is doing very well for someone who has just left the peebs. She is a really mature, 'together' girl, and I reckon we'll be great friends!I've been looking into getting a visa to go to Sweden with her and it seems like quite a process. I have to apply in person and i don't know how i'm going to get more time off work to do that. And i may not even get it because it says that normally you need to apply in the country you are from... but i shall try all the same! Bryony and her bro are coming to London tomorrow to visit and we are heading for Camden town and then Old Street on Sunday for a day time trance party. I am NOT corrupting her, since she told me her fave music is trance and when i told her about the party she decided she wanted to join. Besides even children are welcome at this party! And there's a swimming pool inside the club! I will look after her, or at least take my digital camera and take pics..ha ha! It is going to be lots of fun!

On monday Janine came through from Reading to visit Jo & I and we ended up chatting late into the night. It was great to see Jay and I cannot believe she is going home next month!! I will miss her tons!! Jay, Jo & I all met when we were working in New York & then we went to work in Florida together. They are my fellow tree huggers, my soul mates!

My whole week was like this, busy every night(visiting Somayya in Leytonstone, going to a bday bash in Bond street and having some pints with Stephen, who i haven't seen since November!) and quiet days at work...a hippie fairy stuck in a 9-5 office job!! Oh the rat race!!

Since work is brain numbingly quiet, I discovered things like www.mype.co.za after a comment on my blog from Hilton Shorrock, my fabulous ex-yoga instructor from Port Elizabeth. I had quite a lot to say in the 'expat' forum, where some fellow south africans ruffled my feathers by complaining about London & Londonners. I love this place!! So yeah, busy busy times...ha ha!!

I had all good intentions of going to yoga this evening, but my Bokster (Sanel) leaves us for good to go back to little ole PE tomorrow. She will be very greatly missed. So I'm going to meet her for a quick drink after work, and then will probably go meet Jo at Shelly's house later for a dvd night. I really did want to go to yoga, but i think i have a valid reason not to....I will go to pilates tomorrow morning instead, but it's just not the same!! I just have aching stomach muscles for a week afterwards...argh!

I am now officialy smoking rollies. Yes I'm still smoking. Cigarettes are way more expensive and i figured if i actually have to roll each one I will smoke a lot less. It seems to be working so far, except for the few Marlboro lights i've bummed off friends when we're out.

Don't you love Ebay?? I bought a 'beginners spanish' cd & book on ebay yesterday as well as a lonely planet guide to Central America & i'm busy bidding on a guide to South America...I am serious, this year i am travelling some more! I've been umming and aahhing about all the places I wanna go...Thailand, India, Morocco, Egypt, Israel, Mozambique, Tanzania, New Zealand, Indonesia, China, Tibet.. and I think this is why i've been nowhere for a while. At least if I go to Central & South America, I get to see Cuba, Costa Rico, Jamaica, Ecuador, Peru, Columbia, Argentina, Brazil...hopefully! Any sponsors? ha ha!

What will I do after that?
1. I could marry a gay British man, stay in the country, and save some more and travel more....or
2. I could go draw up a business plan for a backpackers on the coast of SA, and hopefully get some sponsors to back me up and open it!!! Any volunteers?
3. Or else I could go help Aids orphans in Africa,
4. or work on a kibbutz in Israel,
5. or work on a cruise ship in the meditaranean,
6. or settle on a sustainable development in the Transkei and get married and pregnant
7. or immigrate to Australia
8. or become a 'waldorf' teacher
9. or a social worker
10. or simply wander the planet forever and ever and ever.

10 options...at least 10 ways it may all turn out...isn't that exciting? Anyone have any advice?

Today I plan not to plan too far ahead, and not to stress about the future, because if i should die tomorrow, nothing is more important than today! And so far everything has worked out bloody well! I have the greatest friends, a roof, a bed, a job, food and I've seen and experienced so much more than i ever thought i would when i was a little girl!

May you all have a fabulously fantastical weekend!

fairy xxx

2 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 7:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello mate, if you wanna go & help in an orphange in SA then go & help my uncle & auntie in Klipdrift ( 50 K north of J'berg ) they are always looking for help, I dont know you but Im sure you would love it. Its such a beautiful place. You could marry my cousin ;-) hes about your age & has an English passport :-)

Uncle left the exclusives at about the same age as you & then ran away to SA.

Anyway, what ever you do, 'may Gods blessings surround you each day'

Barney

 
At March 13, 2006 11:33 am, Blogger The Wandering Fairy said...

Hi Barney

Sounds like your Uncle & Auntie are doing great work! It was always a childhood dream to work in an orphanage, i think after reading Orphan Annie. I would like to find out some more, maybe you can send me their email adress?

The only thing that puts me off is the name....Klipdrift is the name of the most popular brandy in SA, drunk mainly by the Afrikaaners around the 'braai', then they proceed to beat each other up to prove their strength and aggression...ha ha! Maybe a slight exageration, or not. I'm open to checking Klipdrift out for myself though ;o)

Oh, as for marrying your cousin...how about some photo's then???

Fairy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home