Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ouch!

I was playing with my poi in the back garden last night. (Don't you love summer evenings, when it's warm and light so late?) I finally managed to get the one poi-ball going forward and the other going backwards (called split-swinging). I got all excited and started going faster, until SMACK, the one ball hit me full-force in the eye. I had to stifle a yell because the neighbours were in their back garden, kind of watching me, and i was kind of showing off. So I bravely swung them around a few more times and then ran inside, hand over my eye. I found my housemate Nathan who offered me the sympathy & ice I needed. According to him I was being melodramatic. Maybe he's right because I have not a bruise nor a scratch to show for it! Hah! :-)

I've had people in and out, to look at my room, since i will sadly be leaving my house for good on Sunday. Thanks for all the offers of accomodation from everyone...i may just have to visit all the corners of the UK!

Last Saturday Danie came to London (he was in the States with me...in fact I shared a room with Mikey & him for most of New York and it was Danie, Mikey & I who did the road trip-in a Mustang- from NY to Florida). He lives & works near Bath but was up for the weekend so Jo & I went to Putney to meet up with him. We spent the afternoon reminiscing fond memories & awesome times with Mikey.


We then headed to a braai (bbq) at one of Jo's friends house in Maida Vale. It turned out there were about 10 guys there. Most from Mossel Bay (Jo's hometown), and most pretty young. Most hated London, lived together & couldn't fathom how Jo & I adore London. Greg (Jo's friend) is a great guy. He loves London, loves the diversity, culture and has a stunning Brazillian girlfriend. I think it is sometimes frustrating for those of us who enjoy London.. we just want to show those who don't how much it has to offer. It was an entertaining braai, but the testerone eventually became a little overpowering so Jo & I scurried off to have a dance at our favorite place...1001 in Brick Lane. We met up with Jo's friend Leon, who she hadn't seen since 2004, and we had a good boogie and a big mission home, since we missed the last tube.


On Sunday I helped Jo move to her new place in Surrey Quays/Canada Water. How lucky are we in London to have the bus & tube? A taxi would've cost a fortune from NW london to SE london. The funniest part of the journey was when we put Jo's bags in a Tesco's trolley in Surrey Quays, only to have the wheels lock when we tried to leave the parking area...he he...i'm not sure how it works, must be a magnetic strip?? Jo lives in a really nice place about 1 minute walk from this picture (if i have the right side of the water)


This weekend is going to be a busy one since it is the last weekend in my own place. Cat is coming from Coventry, Justin from Brighton, Sarah from Bristol and possibly Bryony from Nettledon. The plan is to go to 1001 on Friday night, where Matt, Shelley & Kerry are meeting us and catching up with Justin. Saturday if the weathers good, will be park day. Saturday night is Stir

On Sunday afternoon, i am moving my stuff to Jo's place and then on Monday I begin training in Kent. I stay in staff accomodation on the property until Friday, and then I go back to Jo's place until I am placed with my first Client, which happens within 2 weeks.

Magical fairy dust sprinklings with love

xoxo

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 2:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...

You got some Poi! Wicked...
practice, practice practice!
It doesn't come without bumps and bruises...
Keep safe
J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home