Wednesday, May 10, 2006

baby dreams

I've been having a recurring dream for the last few weeks now. I go through the labour and give birth to this beautiful baby. I hold it in my arms and rock it. In some dreams i'm almost repulsed by it and want it to go away, and in my dream i feel so guilty for thinking/feeling like that. In other dreams I'm nursing it, and I love it more than i ever thought i could love anything.

When searching for possible meanings, I stumbled upon this article...a little bit of useless but interesting info:

Babies And Dreams
In a study on babies and dreaming, itwas learned that babies spend about 66% or their sleeping time in theREM state. That is quite a bit of dreaming, considering that the average adult spends 15-20% of their sleep time in the dreaming stage. Dream researchers believe that there is a correlation between REM sleep and brain development. Moreover,premature babies spend up to 80% of their sleepin the REM state. As babies become more mature,their REM sleep decreases. Droppingto 50% in the full term baby and down to 35%in a one year old. This finding is believed that REM sleep is important in the mental development of the baby. Dreaming maybe seen as a way of"exercising" the mind and stimulating it. As they get older, they will be able to get mental stimulation from their surroundings and outside environment. As we get older and older, our REM sleep willreduce down to 15%.

But that is not exactly what i was looking for. What does my dream really mean? Am I broody, or am I just going through changes? What I was really looking for was this from SoulFuture's Dream Dictionary:

BABY:
Dreaming about a baby usually indicates new beginnings, a new idea or a new birth within.
A babe in arms, care taking someone whom you deem to be unable to take care of themselves
Nursing a baby may suggest becoming familiar with or nurturing your inner child
BIRTH:
Giving birth to a baby often represents the onset of a new phase, cycle or belief
Spawning new life from within
Discovering new aspects of yourself
A spiritual awakening
Vulnerability
Dependence
NURSING:
Nurturing or care taking
Healing energy
A fear of being unable to take care of yourself

It kind of makes sense, huh? I'm shortly going to be doing a job where I'll be taking care of people who are unable to take care of themselves...new beginnings, new ideas. Not sure what this feeling of repulsion means...

A Dream
by William Blake.

Once a dream did weave a shade
O'er my angel-guarded bed,
That an emmet lost its way
Where on grass methought I lay.

Troubled, wildered, and forlorn,
Dark, benighted, travel-worn,
Over many a tangle spray,
All heart-broke, I heard her say:

"Oh my children! do they cry,
Do they hear their father sigh?
Now they look abroad to see,
Now return and weep for me."

Pitying, I dropped a tear:
But I saw a glow-worm near,
Who replied, "What wailing wight
Calls the watchman of the night?

"I am set to light the ground,
While the beetle goes his round:
Follow now the beetle's hum;
Little wanderer, hie thee home!"


Fairy love xoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home